1/1 Photo of Whipped Cauliflower With Cheese & Sour Cream
Montana Heart Song's Note:
There are many recipes for Mashed Cauliflower. This is simple, good and fast and different. A make ahead recipe if desired. Your guests will be guessing the ingredients. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large head cauliflower, with core, leaves removed, whole
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 8 -10 saltine crackers or 8 -10 cheese crackers, crushed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 slices Velveeta cheese (1/4 inches wide) or 6 slices colby-monterey jack cheese (1/4 inches wide)
- 1Boil the whole head with core side down in large stock pot. Make sure the entire head is covered by boiling water. Cook on medium high heat.
- 2Stick a fork in it after 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3It must be soft.
- 4Drain in colander.
- 5Place drained cauliflower in mixing bowl and margarine.
- 6Mash on low speed.
- 7Add crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper. Mix at low speed.
- 8Fold in sour cream with spoon.
- 9Tear slices of cheese in small pieces and fold in to mixture.
- 10Pile in heat proof serving dish.Heat for 3 - 4 minutes in microwave. Serve.
- 11You may refrigerate covered, then heat in microwave. Use a longer time at 70% to 80% power because it is chilled.
- 12You will have your guests guessing at the ingredients. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Cauliflower With Cheese & Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.1
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 58.9 mg
- Sodium 1344.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: