Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Low carb and tasty
Make and share this Whipped Cauliflower Dijon recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 1½-quart gratin baking dish with cooking spray and reserve.
- Break cauliflower into florets and boil until totally tender, about 5 minutes.
- Florets should be"mashable" but not mushy.
- Drain well, transfer to a food processor with the cream, sour cream, butter, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Process until mixture is a smooth, thick puree.
- Pulse in ½ cup of the grated Gruyere.
- Transfer mixture to gratin baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chives to garnish.
Substituted the gruyere with parmesan and the chives with green tops of spring onions for no reason other than that was what I had available. Substituted the creams with half cup plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons sour cream, and omitted the butter to cut down on richness. My apologies Pets'R'us for mangling your recipe but it was still pretty amazing and everything I expected. Full star complement for such a flexible recipe.
I made this exactly as recipe, other than that I had a bag of mixed cauli-broc florets and so used that. I forgot to add the butter, but this was nonetheless a lovely side-dish to a Sunday roast dinner, we haven't tried 'mashed' cauliflower before and it was much enjoyed! Easy, and a lovely change of pace, I prepared it much earlier in the day and baked it off at night. This recipe was made in memory of Annelies
Oh, my! This is good. I made this just as written and it was fabulous. Just the right amount of dijon and cheese. It's quite fattening, but you could probably successfully lighten this up. Thanx for a great recipe that I will make again for sure....... and I'll think of Pets'Rus each time I make it.