Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found the original of this slightly tweaked recipe in the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime.
- 453.59 g fresh carrot, sliced
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml dried cranberries
- Place carrots in a steamer & steam for 15-20 minutes until tender, then drain.
- Place carrots in a food processor (or be ol' fashioned & put 'em in a bowl & go at 'em with a hand-held masher!), then add the butter, brown sugar, ginger & salt. Cover & process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl & stir in the cranberries.
This side dish was served with weinerschnitzel and it was a perfect pairing!
Used fresh organic carrots which were steamed then whirled everything minus
the cranberries in a mini food processor (recipe was cut in half.) I saved the steaming
liquid and used about 2/3 cup to help puree the carrots to desired consistency. I might try
fresh ginger next time or a combination of parsnips and carrots. Simple! Made for Best of 2011. Thanks!
for Best of 2011.
Oh boy I loved these carrots! I made just as directed and would not change a thing. I used my small food processor and the carrots came out so nice and creamy; the cranberries were a great addition too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were interesting but good carrots. I was hoping the carrots would have more of a whipped potato texture, but these were more wet. The cranberries were a great addition and I think I would put a little more brown sugar in next time. Made fo Newest Zaar.