1/1 Photo of Whipped Carrots & Snips
I have been making this delicious side dish every year for Thanksgiving and also for St. Patrick's Day ever since I first found the recipe in a 1994 issue of Bon Appetit. I serve these piping hot with pats of butter melting on top. If you like, provide a small pitcher of warm golden syrup to drizzle over the top of individual servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 2Add carrots to the water, and let simmer about 5 minutees, with the lid on, but slightly ajar.
- 3Add parsnips, and simmer until carrots and snips are very tender, approximately 15 minutes, still with the lid on, slightly ajar.
- 4Drain and return to same pot.
- 5Stir over medium heat- this is to remove any additional moisture and should only take a minute or two.
- 6Place cooked veggies into a food processor and add butter.
- 7Process until mixture is smooth like mashed potatoes.
- 8Season with nutmeg to taste, as well and salt and pepper.
- 9Can be made 4 hours ahead and reheated.
- 10Tip: Parnsips look like white carrots and should be peeled just like you would a regular carrot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Carrots & Snips
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 95.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g