Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very delicate buttery cookie....wonderful with coffee or tea.
Make and share this Whipped Buttery Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml icing sugar
- 29.58 ml heavy cream or 29.58 ml evaporated milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Set oven 300 degrees.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer on low, add in icing sugar and cream, continue to mix on low, adding sifted ingredients, and then vanilla.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet (do not pat down or flatten).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Note: These cookies freeze well.
i've reached the 100 review milestone in fine style with this delicious cookie:) i chose this recipe since i recall my mom using cornstarch when she made these treats too, and i do believe it makes a difference. the blurb to the recipe just about sums it up - delicate and buttery. in fact, they're so fragile that even minumum handling makes them crumble, so find the shortest route from your hand to your mouth:) i was a rather worried at the part when i was spooning the dough onto my cookie sheet, as i seemed to get these amorphous blobs (i tried to shape the dough with my hand a bit - BAD idea), but the shape sort of evened itself out. i topped them with a smattering of chocolate sprinkles had them with a big mug of coffee over a movie - they were lucky they managed to pose for a pic at all, at the rate at which they were gobbled up. thanks again KC!