This is a homemade whipped butter that will harden with refrigeration. My mom shared this recipe with me, it's pretty fun to make and you can flavor it with just about whatever spices you choose. Wonderful on baked potatoes and other veggies. It's a little loud as it churns in the dryer. The amount you make can also be adjusted to more or less.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using an empty plastic jar (I use an empty peanut butter jar):.
- 2Pour Heavy Whipping Cream into jar, leaving about 2 inches from the rim.
- 3Add salt or any other spice you desire (I recommend using salt for the first time).
- 4Seal tightly and shake jar lightly.
- 5Insert sealed jar into an Oven Mitt (bottom first) and place a tight rubberband around the top (beneath the covered portion of the lid).
- 6Place into a dryer on the No Heat setting and run for 10-15 minutes.
- 7After 10-15 minutes remove jar, shake lightly, tighten lid (lid may loosen a bit - I like to check it after 10 minutes).
- 8Repeat dryer method 3-4 times until desired texture is achieved.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whipped Butter - Homemade ( Garlic, Herb, Cinnamon, Salted)
Serving Size: 1 (482 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.1
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.0 g
- Saturated Fat 54.8 g
- Cholesterol 326.0 mg
- Sodium 1253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g