Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some leftover bread that needed to get used up so I made bread pudding and served it with this brandy sauce. This recipe is a tweaked version of the one found in The Southern Cook's Handbook. If left in the refrigerator for several hours, this solidifies into a flavored butter which quickly melts when placed on warm bread pudding. Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Mix butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the boiling water, brandy, salt, and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.