Whine and Cheese All the Thyme Burger Deconstructed (Light)
- Place the ground turkey meat in a large bowl. Add salt, pepper, white wine, Dijon mustard, garlic, grated onions, thyme, and sage and mix together well. Gently add breadcrumbs and mix until combined. (Overworking the meat at this stage will toughen the burger.).
- Divide the meat mixture into 10-12 equal sized amounts. Make logs of equal size approximately 2 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare the sauce, spray medium skillet with cooking spray, place over medium heat. Once it become hot, add the vidalia onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes until the onions are soft and have begun to take on a little color. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushrooms and wine and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes continuing to stir. To enrich the sauce, add the butter and cook until just melted and incorporated into the wine. Cover and turn off the heat until ready to serve.
- Put red pepper quarters on a greased baking sheet and place in oven until slightly charred but holding their shape a little.
- While the onions are cooking, place the meat in an oven proof skillet sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes (depending on size of your logs). Add the final 2 tablespoons of white wine to the pan and cook an additional minute or two.
- Take 8 tortilla's -if you want large or small- and place a red pepper quarter on it. Place meat logs on top of the red pepper. Top with 2 tbs of the onion-mushroom wine sauce and some goat cheese. Roll tortilla's and enjoy. Any leftover sauce use as a "french dip".