Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cutlets
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 4 slices smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups chopped watercress
- Preheat broiler.
- Season chicken breast cutlets with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet; cook 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest, tented with foil.
- Wipe out the pan and add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with salt, pepper, and milk.
- Add the roasted peppers and parsley to the skillet; cook for 30 seconds; then add the eggs; scramble to your desired doneness with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- While the eggs cook, toast rolls under the broiler, 1 minute, then remove them to a work surface; keep the broiler on.
- Assemble sandwiches: slice the chicken and pile it on the roll bottoms.
- Top each sandwich with ¼ of the eggs and a slice of cheese.
- Place the sandwiches back under the broiler for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- When the cheese has melted, transfer sandwiches to plates; top them with a pile of watercress, then set the roll tops in place.