Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a copycat recipe from the Whey Chai Chinese restaurant in Wisconsin.
- 1 cup vegetables (see note)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (or 3/4 pound already cooked chicken)
- 4 teaspoons plum sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup cold water, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted cashews
- Saute vegetables in oil in wok a few minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and cook until heated through. Add plum sauce, garlic and sugar.
- Add water/cornstarch mixture and cook to thicken.
- Remove from heat and garnish with cashews.
- Note: Use a mixture of celery, carrots, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, onions, white mushrooms and green bell pepper, cut into small cubes or thinly sliced.