Recipe by CookbookCarrie
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine to hide zucchini from my group. Works well and the kids dont really notice anything. They asked once and I said it was cheese. I use for lasagne, parmigiana, spaghetti, etc.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground elk
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (3/4 lb)
- 1 medium onion, minced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 pint stewed tomatoes (or 14.5 oz Can)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- In a skillet cook ground meat, zucchini, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is fully cooked. Drain and rinse.
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Stir into beef mixture and add water, tomato paste, parsley, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Freezes very well!