Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home magazine to hide zucchini from my group. Works well and the kids dont really notice anything. They asked once and I said it was cheese. I use for lasagne, parmigiana, spaghetti, etc.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground elk
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (3/4 lb)
- 1 medium onion, minced finely
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 pint stewed tomatoes (or 14.5 oz Can)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- In a skillet cook ground meat, zucchini, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is fully cooked. Drain and rinse.
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Stir into beef mixture and add water, tomato paste, parsley, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Freezes very well!