Recipe by Tal #2
This is not something to prepare for your guests. This is a tender comforting soup to make for yourself or your family when you are sick, can't swallow anything, your taste-buds are numb, and most of all you feel sorry for yourself.
- 4 -6 beef bones
- 2 -3 potatoes, cut to quarters
- 2 onions, cut to quarters
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 1 -2 stalk celery & leaves, sliced
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1 parsley root, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock
- 8 -10 coriander sprigs, tied to each other
- 1 (200 g) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beef bones in a big saucepan.
- Add all other ingredients, except noodles, putting the leaves at the top.
- Add water to cover everything by several inches.
- Bring to boil, then simmer on low heat, not entirely covered for as long as you can (I try to give it at least 3-4 hours for all the tastes to extract).
- Remove tied coriander sprigs.
- This step is optional but I greatly recommend it if you are not starving: the bones discharge a lot of fat. Therefore, I let the soup get cold, and then put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Then, before eating, I skim the fat off the top, only then I heat the soup again.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Prepare noodles according to directions on the package to serve with the soup.
- Get Well!