Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love my mother-in-law dearly. Really, I do. She invites us to dinner at least twice a month. She tells us to come over at three and we'll eat at four. We usually eat around six. But she always has appetizers for us to munch on while she thinks of new and exciting ways to delay dinner. This was one that I really really liked and just had to post.
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Mix the first three ingredients together well.
- Microwave with a paper towel on top, stirring every 30 seconds until heated through.
- Serve with tortilla chips (I like the hint of lime kind) and sour cream if you want to
This worked great for us! Watching football and NASCAR on Labor Day weekend and I had just made "Wonderful Salsa" (sorry don't have the recipe # at hand). Anyway, it was tasty and I used no fat refried beans. Thanks for the posting. Made for Adopt a Tag Game 2009.
We liked this a lot. We added a can of roast beef just for fun and liked that rolled up in a tortilla.
I fixed this for a quick, healthy snack and my family loved it! Highly recommend!