Recipe by Chicagopm
I adapted this recipe for my dogs because I wanted something relatively low fat (they have to go to the vet pretty soon and I don't want her to call them Snausages again) that they'd like. I didn't want to use dairy products or garlic because of possible adverse effects on the girls. I've tested these out on the girls and they seem to really like them.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal (approximately)
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jarmeat baby food (I used Beef and Beef Gravy)
- 1 -2 ounce water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal and wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add baby food, broth and water (I put the water in the baby food jar and shook it up to get all of the stuff in there).
- Mix together and knead dough (the dough will be stiff).
- Add additional water if necessary.
- Dust rolling surface with a little cornmeal and roll out dough to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut dough into desired shapes (bone shaped cookie cutters are nice).
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Note: These treats do not spread so they can be placed closely on the cookie sheet.