Recipe by Haribol!
This recipe is from the local co-op in Austin, Tx. This pie is the best coconut pie that I've ever had, vegan or not. Try it, you won't be dissapointed!
- 2 vegan graham cracker pie crust
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut (organic if possible)
- 3 lbs tofu (again, organic if possible)
- 3 cups powdered sugar (raw, organic)
- 6 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend tofu, powdered sugar, oil, vanilla, and salt in a blender until smooth and creamy. Fold in 3 cups of the coconut. Pour into pie shells and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the remanining half cup of coconut on top and bake for another 5 minutes until the filling looks firm and set. Serve chilled.
- Note: I was told to toast the coconut ahead of time for a much better flavor.