Recipe by Miheehee
A hearty morning meal. I like these topped with fruit compote or rolled up with sausage & maple butter. Add more liquid to make thinner, larger "crepes".
Top Review by Boomette
These pancakes have a good taste but they were too thick. They were too dense. And I made the recipe as written. If I do them again, I'll add more milk. I like thick pancakes but these ones are way too thick. Made for Alphabet tag game
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1st two ingredients in small bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs, oil, and vanilla into oat mixture just until blended.
- Gradually stir wet mixture into dry mixture just until moistened (mixture should be lumpy).
- Cook on medium heat.