Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is a family favorite. Not a holiday will go by without someone bringing this delightfully simple dessert to the table.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and peanut butter in a large (big enough for 6 cups of Wheaties) sauce pan.
- Heat and continously stir mixture to just before boiling.
- Stir in Wheaties cereal until well coated.
- Transfer mixture to a metal or glass baking pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and place in 350 degree oven set on broil.
- Heat for 2-5 minutes, just long enough to melt the chocolate chips.
- Using a knife spread the melted chocolate evenly over the surface of the mixture.
- Allow one hour for cooling, cut and serve.