Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Libbie's very old black book. Just basic muffin; I think a school recipe or off a Wheaties cereal box.
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 2 cups cereal, Wheaties wheat flake cereal
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in egg and milk.
- Add melted shortening.
- Fold in Wheaties.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a moderately hot oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.