Recipe by knobbyknee
These are my all time favorite cookies. My grandmother has been making these longer than I have been around! I believe that her mother got the recipe on a trip to California. Be sure not to brown them, you DO NOT want to over bake them. The yield is approx along with the servings, the recipe is so big!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups wheat flakes cereal
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (more or less depending on your taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Continue to cream while you combine all the dry ingredients, minus the Wheaties and chocolate chips. Run a whisk through to incorporate everything.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon and some elbow grease, pour in the Wheaties and chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop onto lightly buttered (that's what Grandma did!) cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 8 minutes or until very light brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE.