Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are my all time favorite cookies. My grandmother has been making these longer than I have been around! I believe that her mother got the recipe on a trip to California. Be sure not to brown them, you DO NOT want to over bake them. The yield is approx along with the servings, the recipe is so big!
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Continue to cream while you combine all the dry ingredients, minus the Wheaties and chocolate chips. Run a whisk through to incorporate everything.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
- Using a wooden spoon and some elbow grease, pour in the Wheaties and chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop onto lightly buttered (that's what Grandma did!) cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 8 minutes or until very light brown. DO NOT OVER BAKE.