Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe adapted from one on the Wheatena website.
- 236.59 ml solid pack pumpkin (canned)
- 236.59 ml skim milk (I used skim plus for extra protein)
- 59.14 ml melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, for baking
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 236.59 ml Wheatena
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml Splenda sugar substitute, with fiber
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 177.44 ml craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- 14.79-44.37 ml quick oatmeal (optional)
- 14.79-44.37 ml craisins (optional)
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients (pumpkin, milk, egg, butter and syrup) mixing well.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, Wheatena, sugar, baking powder and salt), I like to use a fork for this.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of crasins.
- Spray 16 medium silicon muffin cups, set on a cookie sheet, with butter flavored baking spray. Spoon mixture into cups, filling each cup about 75% full (or to line if there is one). If desired sprinkle top with oats and additional craisins, then spray tops with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (I recommend you do, it makes the muffins much prettier).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This is the baking time if you're using the silicon baking cups, if you're not I would check them at 15 minutes.