Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe adapted from one on the Wheatena website.
Make and share this Wheatena Maple Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (canned)
- 1 cup skim milk (I used skim plus for extra protein)
- 1⁄4 cup melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, for baking
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Wheatena
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, with fiber
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- 1 -3 tablespoon quick oatmeal (optional)
- 1 -3 tablespoon craisins (optional)
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients (pumpkin, milk, egg, butter and syrup) mixing well.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, Wheatena, sugar, baking powder and salt), I like to use a fork for this.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of crasins.
- Spray 16 medium silicon muffin cups, set on a cookie sheet, with butter flavored baking spray. Spoon mixture into cups, filling each cup about 75% full (or to line if there is one). If desired sprinkle top with oats and additional craisins, then spray tops with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (I recommend you do, it makes the muffins much prettier).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This is the baking time if you're using the silicon baking cups, if you're not I would check them at 15 minutes.