1/1 Photo of Wheatena Maple Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
This is a recipe adapted from one on the Wheatena website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (canned)
- 1 cup skim milk (I used skim plus for extra protein)
- 1/4 cup melted I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, for baking
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Wheatena
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, with fiber
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
- 1 -3 tablespoon quick oatmeal (optional)
- 1 -3 tablespoon craisins (optional)
- i can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients (pumpkin, milk, egg, butter and syrup) mixing well.
- 3In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, Wheatena, sugar, baking powder and salt), I like to use a fork for this.
- 4Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of crasins.
- 5Spray 16 medium silicon muffin cups, set on a cookie sheet, with butter flavored baking spray. Spoon mixture into cups, filling each cup about 75% full (or to line if there is one). If desired sprinkle top with oats and additional craisins, then spray tops with the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray (I recommend you do, it makes the muffins much prettier).
- 6Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. This is the baking time if you're using the silicon baking cups, if you're not I would check them at 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheatena Maple Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.5
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 111.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter