Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted by request for an all whole wheat cracker. This recipe I have not tried. I found it in a recipe book put out by Bosch called "The Natural Nine Cooking with Whole Grains". Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup water
- salt or herb seasoning mix
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add butter and mix till completely blended.
- Add vanilla and water, mixing until smooth.
- Roll out paper-thin on a lightly floured board or directly on a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt or herb seasoning.
- Cut into squares with a pastry wheel.
- Bake at 400 degF for 5-8 minutes or until crisp.
- If the outer rim browns too quickly, remove the browned sections and return unfinished portions to the oven.
These are addictive! My husband asked me to hide them, because he could not stop eating the. These are very, very tasty, and I love that they are made with 100% whole wheat.
Yummy! Quick and easy. My 3-yr-old even helped. I think it would still be good with less sugar too.
Followed this recie and they turned out great! Couldn't ask for a better wheat thin. Just make sure you roll them out very thin!