Montana Heart Song's Note:
I was out of cornmeal and wanted to make cornbread. Two recipes were created from the empty can in my pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) box wheat thins crackers, coursely crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 (1/4 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild diced green chilies
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 3 stalks celery, thin sliced and diced (optional)
- 1/2 lb ground beef or 1/2 lb ground turkey or 1/2 lb ground chicken or 1/2 lb ground ham
- 1In medium bowl, add eggs, milk and 2 tblsp. vegetable oil. Wisk until mixed.
- 2In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, Splenda.
- 3Add egg mixture and blend.
- 4Mix in carrots, and wheat thin crackers, green chiles,then meat.(Use only 1/2 pound of any meat).
- 5Heat frying pan or griddle with 1 tblsp. oil.
- 6Drop fritter batter by heaping tablespoon on griddle. Batter will spread some.
- 7Cook on medium heat until bottom is starting to turn brown and dry on the edges.
- 8Turn over and flatten a little with your spatula. Cook until bottom is slightly browned.
- 9Add more oil and cook second batch on the griddle.
- 10Keep cooked fritters warm in the oven on a platter.
- 11Serve with fried potatoes or scalloped potatoes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Thin Meat or Vegetable Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.4
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 654.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 14.0 g