1/2 Photos of Wheat Sweets
2 hrs 40 mins
Flavorful sugar cookies made with whole-wheat flour have an appealing tan color. My family has enjoyed them for years. The recipe was originally from a small butter cookie pamphlet many years ago. The prep time does not include cooling and frosting. The cook time will vary depending on the size of your cookie sheets and oven. Please consider it only a rough approximate. The yield is 7 to 8 dozen, depending on the size of the cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (graham)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons water (add another tablespoon if needed)
- 1Combine both flours, salt and baking powder and reserve.
- 2In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- 3Blend the reserved dry ingredients into the butter mixture using a fork or pastry blender.
- 4Sprinkle the water over the mixture, stirring with a fork until the dough is moist enough to hold together.
- 5Do not use more water than necessary.
- 6Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with cookie cutters; place on greased baking sheets.
- 7Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven 14 to 17 minutes.
- 8Cool on racks.
- 9Frost when cool.
- 10To make the frosting: Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and butter.
- 11Blend in enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Sweets
Serving Size: 1 (1100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.0
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.5 mg
- Sodium 35.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g