1/3 Photos of Wheat Sweet Salad
2 hrs 15 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
In Montana this is quite a common fruit salad at potlucks. I used red durham wheat. You can use any raw wheat that has been washed. Go to a bulk foods place where they have barrels of spices and different foods and you can dip a scoop in and sack. We definitely do not call it "wheatberries" here but perhaps that is the name in the store.The best part is that it is easy, makes a lot and is a crowd pleaser. I guarantee the bowl will be wiped clean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, add wheat and 6 cups of water. Cook about 3 hours on low heat. Add one more cup of water if necessary Do not let wheat burn. The wheat will puff up and be very soft. Stir once in a while. Watch the water.
- 2Drain any remaining water in colandar. Rinse with cool water.
- 3In mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, instant vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple and juice. Beat on low speed until mixed.
- 4Add cool whip, and mix in low speed.
- 5Add cooked rinsed wheat, and fold into cream cheese mixture.
- 6Note: You can use Instant Pistashio Pudding or instant lemon pudding.
- 7You can also freeze this salad. A long keeper dish for the refrigerator too.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Sweet Salad
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.7
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 223.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g