This recipe comes from the May/June 2000 issue of "Taste of Home's Quick Cooking" magazine. It is much better tasting than a container of pizza dough purchased in the store. Cooking time includes both Bread machine time and baking in oven.
- In bread machine pan, place the ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select dough setting.
- (Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 Tbsp of water or flour if needed.) When the cycle is complete, turn dough onto lightly floured surface.
- Punch down, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- Pressed each portion into a greased 12 in pizza pan.
- Add sauce, cheese, and favorite toppings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until crust and cheese are lightly browned.
I made this in my bread machine on the dough cycle, but removed the dough from the machine before the first rise. The recipe made two crispy, very flavorful crusts! :) I used one crust for caliente pizza and the other crust for a pepperoni pizza. Made for Undercover: Pies and Tarts, June 2010 in the Photo Forum.
my first attempt at making my own pizza crust, and it came out great :-)
Great tasting recipe. This was my first attempt at using wheat flour in the crust and it made it really hearty. I am going to try again, cooking it right away...had to sit 30 minutes while I was doing something else. Thanks!