Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love this Old Fashioned 7-Grain Cereal and the hot cereals and cookies you can make with it.
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies (cinnamon red hots)
- 3 cups wheat montana rolled seven-grain cereal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon red hots,stirring constantly until dissolved.
- Stir in the 7-grain cereal.
- Bring back to a boil,reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until thick,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sugar and apple pie filling.
- Serve with brown sugar and fresh cream.
I really enjoyed this healthy meal, It was very much like recipe#436062