Recipe by AllergyQueen
I have many allergies, so I am constantly having to tweak recipes. These are nice cookies that don't taste like they're "substitutes"
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon guar gum (you can also use 1 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup large crystal white sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat melted chocolate, oil and granulated sugar until blended.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, guar gum, cinnamon and salt; stir into sugar mixture.
- Chill for about 1 hour or until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into rounded teaspoonful size balls (about an inch in diameter) then roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on rack.