Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I used to make these for my girls as part of their school lunches. They are wonderful. The serving size is an estimate. I never took heed of how many this makes...because I alway quadrupled the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream together shortening and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix together in a separate bowl all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir this into the creamed mixture.
- Place dough by SCANT 1/4 cupfuls on greased or parchment covered cookie sheets.
- Press cookies well with fork.
- Bake 350 degrees for 12 -15 minutes.