Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I collected a lot of whole foods recipes some years ago. This is one that my kids like. It is moist and has lots of vitamins.
- 2 cups milk (soy is preferred)
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute to make 2 eggs)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix all the wet ingredients plus wheat germ together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix to the wheat germ mix and stir very well.
- Fill your greased muffin tins 3/4 way full with batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This make a very yummy and healthful muffin. I added a cup of dried cranberries and subbed 4 tablespoons ground flax seed and 6 tablespoons of water for the eggs. Came out great. This recipe does make a lot of muffins though, next time I plan on cutting it in half.
loveloveloved these! i made a few alterations: i used two bananas in place of the eggs/egg substitute, added 1 tsp of cinnamon, used only 5 Tbsp of oil, and eyeballed the honey. they turned out lovely!
We loved these. I doubled the recipe and it made 24 PLUS a pan of mini muffins. I used Fat Free Organic Milk and organic eggs. Thanks for a great new healthy favorite !