Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delecious, healthy and hi-fibre dish
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup soya flour
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed well
- 1 bunch spinach, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium grated bottlegourd
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 inch crushed fresh ginger
- 5 -6 garlic flakes, crushed
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil, to shallow fry
- Remove excess water from bottle gourd by pressing and all moisture from spinach using a fold of a napkin.
- In a large mixing bowl add potatoes, all vegetables, garlic, chillies, ginger and salt.
- Sprinkle half soya flour and wheat germ over ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients to form a soft lump.
- Make a thin paste of remaining soya flour, add a pinch or salt, keep aside.
- Take portions of mixture, make cutlets os desired shapes.
- Refrigerate till required, covering with a moist cloth.
- Dip each cutlet in soya flour paste, and roll in remaining wheat germ.
- Shallow fry a few at a time in a greased wok, till golden on both sides.
- Serve hot with sauce.