Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Saturday Evening Post Family Cookbook" by Cory SerVaas M.D. and Charlotte Turgeon
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1 (7 ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained or 1 cup cooked fresh corn kernels
- 1⁄3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons polyunsaturated oil (vegetable)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vegit seasoning or 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- salad greens
- 1 sliced cucumber
- Combine the wheat germ, corn, onions,parsley, carrot and celery.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, herbs and Mrs Dash or Vegit and combine with wheat germ corn mix.
- Line a salad bowl with crisp salad greens and fill the center with the salad mix.
- Wash a fresh cucumber and slice it very thin. Do not peel the cucumber unless it has been waxed to preserve it. Place the slices decoratively over the corn mix.