Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I wanted a quick and easy lunch box snack last week and my internet connection was down! Oh the humanity! What would I do witout zaar? Look in my cookbooks I guess :) This is modified from one in the "More With Less" cookbook. I used 5 medium egg whites because I have a lot of medium eggs. If you are using larger eggs, use 4 egg whites. Or you could use 2 whole eggs.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 medium egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter. Lightly beat the egg whites.
- Mix the butter, the molasses, the sugar, the egg whites, and the vanilla together. Stir it together well.
- Add all the milk powder, the baking powder, the salt, and the wheat germ. Stir until combined, but try to stir as little as possible.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir just to blend.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into small pieces as this is very rich.
These bars are really good, full of great flavors. And so easy to make!