1 hr 45 mins
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1 cup of the flour, the wheat ger, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Add very warm water (it should feel warm when dropped on wrist), butter and molasses.
- 3Beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer.
- 4Add 1/2 cup more flour and beat at high speed 2 minutes scraping down sides of bowl.
- 5With a wooden spoon, beat in enough additional flour to make a stiff batter.
- 6Cover bowl with clean towel and let rise in a warm place away from drafts for 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
- 7Punch dough down, beat for 30 seconds with wooden spoon.
- 8Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 9Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40 minute or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- 10Remove from casserole.
- 11Serve warm or cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Germ Casserole Bread
Serving Size: 1 (820 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1705.4
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 4856.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 303.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 51.2 g