- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in shortening with a pasty blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead 5 to 6 times.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450* for 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.