Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
--Adopted Recipe-- The original submitter states that this unusual cookie came from the More-with-Less Cookbook. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ (for rolling)
- Combine all ingredients except the 3/4 cup wheat germ in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat on low speed until well mixed.
- Chill dough until easy to handle. Form into 1 inch balls.
- Roll dough balls in 3/4 cup wheat germ. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes.