Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appitit, although this muffin is so simple and basic, it is pretty tasty and deserves to be posted.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F Line 16 muffin cups with foil muffin papers. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Mix in wheat germ. Combine bananas, milk, eggs, oil and vanilla extract in large bowl and whisk to blend. Mix in dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing equally.
- Bake muffins until tops are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
i've made these a few times now and looking to make them again - i love these and i feel great about giving these to my 1yr old :)
Very good I made almost exactly as written, subbing 1/2cup of the flour for whole wheat. Thank you for an easy nutritious, yummy muffin.
First I must say that these are excellent. Now I'll tell you what I did. I used 1 c unbleached flour and 1/2 a cup of whole wheat flour, Splenda for the sugar, since I just had 2 bananas I added some apple sauce, skim milk, 1/2 the ask for oil and 3/4 tsp of banana extract as I was short on them. I got beautiful, light textured, yummy muffins. Great recipe!