Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful flavor and soft, fluffy texture....everything I want from a cookie. I've been tinkering with my own versions of wheat-free cookie recipes for a while now, and this one is definitely a winner!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup potato flour
- 3⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- with an electric mixer, combine wet ingredients(butter through vanilla) and mix on medium speed until thick and creamy.
- in a large bowl, combine dry ingredients(potato flour through salt). add the wet ingredient mixture, and stir just to combine.
- stir in the coconut milk and mix until smooth. stir in the coconut.
- scoop out teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. place on greased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- bake 8 minutes, allow to cool on sheets 2-3 minutes and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.