Recipe by quixoposto
Found this cookie in "Recipes from Iowa with Love". It is a very crisp cookie that can satisfy anyone wheat allergy or no. I have used regular oats and still had an edible cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, vanilla and salt.
- Add oats and blend thoroughly.
- Drop by 1/2 teaspoons 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before removing from sheet.