Recipe by Salty sun
I have many different allergies and was looking for something a little different for dinner and came up with this quick and easy little gem - variations include using the whole breast instead of nuggets, adding spices of choice to the polenta, or leaving out the garlic
Top Review by chaiteahippie
I am lactose and gluten intolerant, but I'm able to eat eggs, so I dipped them in egg instead of the substitute, but followed the rest of the recipe to a tee. They were so delicious my non-GF husband even loved them.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush garlic cloves and stir into 1/4 cup of oil - set aside.
- Cut up chicken into nugget size pieces (note i have also done this leaving the breast whole and cooking a little longer - its very yummy).
- In a bowl, mix the no-egg and water to make a paste - add more water if the paste is too thick to coat the chicken, more no-egg if its too watery.
- Fill a second bowl with the polenta.
- Dunk the chicken into the no-egg paste, then into the polenta bowl, ensuring the chicken is fully covered.
- When all chicken is coated, heat the "garlic oil" in a pan, add the nuggets and cook until golden.
- Great on their own for nibbles or with a salad and veges for a meal.