Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have many different allergies and was looking for something a little different for dinner and came up with this quick and easy little gem - variations include using the whole breast instead of nuggets, adding spices of choice to the polenta, or leaving out the garlic
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 4 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Crush garlic cloves and stir into 1/4 cup of oil - set aside.
- Cut up chicken into nugget size pieces (note i have also done this leaving the breast whole and cooking a little longer - its very yummy).
- In a bowl, mix the no-egg and water to make a paste - add more water if the paste is too thick to coat the chicken, more no-egg if its too watery.
- Fill a second bowl with the polenta.
- Dunk the chicken into the no-egg paste, then into the polenta bowl, ensuring the chicken is fully covered.
- When all chicken is coated, heat the "garlic oil" in a pan, add the nuggets and cook until golden.
- Great on their own for nibbles or with a salad and veges for a meal.
I am lactose and gluten intolerant, but I'm able to eat eggs, so I dipped them in egg instead of the substitute, but followed the rest of the recipe to a tee. They were so delicious my non-GF husband even loved them.
Thoroughly delicious!! I just added salt & pepper to the polenta before dipping and sprinkled the nuggets with paprika before cooking.
Perfect recipe for our family, Little Miss (DD) is lactose intolerant and I don't eating eggs. I made the recipe using both methods (Nuggets for Little Miss and whole breast for Hubby and I). The garlic infused well in the olive oil and chicken flavour was subtle but really enjoyable. I served the chicken with smoked barbecue sauce. Thank you Salty sun