1/2 Photos of Wheat-Free Granola (Muesli)
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This is based on my Crunchy Granola (Muesli), but has been revised to cater for a friend who can’t eat wheat. I could have just noted the differences on the original recipe, but I wanted this recipe title to reflect the fact it is wheat-free (making it much easier for people who are searching for such recipes). I usually double the amounts shown here. If you decide to do the same, make sure you have a large enough pan. My ceramic roasting pan—which is 11" x 14"—holds a double recipe comfortably. My photo is of the dry ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup rice bran
- 1/2 cup barley natural bran
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (currants and diced apricots are also good) or 1/2 cup other dried fruit (currants and diced apricots are also good)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine all the dry ingredients in the baking pan (first seven items). Raisins (or other dried fruits) are added after cooking.
- 3Heat the butter, honey, milk and salt in a small saucepan until all the butter melts.
- 4Dribble honey–butter mixture over dry ingredients, and mix well to moisten all the dry ingredients.
- 5Bake for 20-30 minutes (depending on how hot your oven runs), stirring frequently.
- 6This can easily over-brown (burn), so keep an eye on it.
- 7Remove from oven and stir in the raisins or other dried fruit.
- 8When cool, store in an airtight container. It keeps very well.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat-Free Granola (Muesli)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 139.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g