Recipe by Milk & Cookies
My dog has some skin alergies so I went looking for a cookie recipe that contained no wheat. This is what I found. Dakota loves them. I'm not sure how many it makes I make them small becauce the kids like to give Dakota lots of treats.
Top Review by J. O.
One of best dog biscuit recipes on this site for quick and easy prep and for ingredient awareness. Other recipes I looked at here used questionable ingredients like onion salt (NO onions), garlic salt (NO salt) and baking powder (Why do dogs need fluffy cookies?). I ground my rolled oats into a flour and I used a 1/4 teaspoon of powdered garlic instead of cinnamon. They crisped up enough for breaking into a few smaller pieces which is what I use for training. I am thinking this would be a great basic recipe to improvise with meat drippings or the water from tinned salmon or tuna. Thanks for sharing this Milk & Cookies! Kiva and I appreciate it!
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes until batter thickens.
- Drop by Teaspoon onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten with finger diped in spelt flour.
- Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave cookies in oven over night to crisp.