Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I try to avoid wheat, so when I found this recipe I was over the moon.
Make and share this Wheat Free Chocolate and Chestnut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Line base with baking parchment.
- Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk together the yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add chestnut puree, mix well until combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate and rum.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix 1/3 of whites into the chestnut mixture.
- Fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon into tin.
- Bake for 3 5-40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Melt remaining chocolate with 3 tbsp water.
- Serve cake with nuts and chocolate sauce.