Perfect Pixie's Note:
I try to avoid wheat, so when I found this recipe I was over the moon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- 2Grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- 3Line base with baking parchment.
- 4Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 6Whisk together the yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- 7Add chestnut puree, mix well until combined.
- 8Stir in melted chocolate and rum.
- 9Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 10Mix 1/3 of whites into the chestnut mixture.
- 11Fold in remaining whites.
- 12Spoon into tin.
- 13Bake for 3 5-40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- 15Melt remaining chocolate with 3 tbsp water.
- 16Serve cake with nuts and chocolate sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Free Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.4
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g