Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I try to avoid wheat, so when I found this recipe I was over the moon.
- 150 g good quality chocolate
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g canned chestnut puree
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 100 g pecan nuts or 100 g brazil nuts, chopped to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan oven).
- Grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Line base with baking parchment.
- Melt half the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Whisk together the yolks and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add chestnut puree, mix well until combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate and rum.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Mix 1/3 of whites into the chestnut mixture.
- Fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon into tin.
- Bake for 3 5-40 minutes until risen and firm to the touch.
- Melt remaining chocolate with 3 tbsp water.
- Serve cake with nuts and chocolate sauce.