Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wheat & dairy-free This slice is ideal for sustaining energy throughout the day - in the school lunch box or for an afternoon tea treat. Keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container (it will soften slightly).
- 120 g Lowan Whole Foods rice and oatbran bubbles
- 200 g finely chopped mixed dried fruit, of choice (like sultanas, peaches, apples and apricots)
- 100 g brown sugar (1/2 cup, firmly packed)
- 55 g rice flour
- 35 g desiccated coconut
- 60 ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 160°C Line the base and sides of an 18 x 28cm slab pan with baking paper.
- Combine rice and oatbran bubbles, dried fruit, sugar, flour and coconut in a bowl.
- Place the oil and eggs in a jug and use a whisk to combine. Add to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the lined pan and use the back of a metal spoon to press firmly into edges. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Cut into portions to serve.