Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Company's Coming "Whole Grain Recipes". Great for school lunches!
Make and share this Wheat Calzone recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 158.51 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml molasses
- 44.37 ml boiling water
- 29.58 ml bulgur
- 118.29 ml pizza sauce
- 236.59 ml diced deli ham
- 473.18 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- For the Crust: Measure the first 6 ingredients into alarge bowl. Stir. Make small indentation in the middle.
- Combine next 3 ingredients in small bowl. Add to middle of dry mixture. Stir until soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 8-10 times.
- For the Filling: Combine boiling water and bulgur in small heatproof bowl. Let stand for about 20 minutes until bulgur is softened.
- Add remaining 3 ingredients. Stir. Divide into 8 equal portions.
- Shape portions into balls. Roll out 1 portion to form an 4 inch diameter circle. Place about 1/3 cup filling on half of circle, leaving 1 inch edge. Fold dough in half over filling.
- Press edges to seal.
- Carefully transfer to greased baking sheet. Poke with a fork in top two times to allow steam to escape.
- Repeat with remaining dough portions and filling. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for about 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Makes 8 mini calzones.
- To freeze: allow to cool completely and then transfer to a large labeled ziploc bag. To serve: microwave or bake until fully reheated.