- 8 slices light whole wheat bread, sliced diagonally into 2
- 8 slices cheese, each cut into 4 squares
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 150 g ground pork
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 250 g spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté garlic, onion and pork. Cook for 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes; set aside.
- Spread cream cheese on each bread slice, then spread 1 - 2 tbsp sautéed filling. Top with 2 slices of cheese. Toast or bake until cheese melts.