1/1 Photo of Wheat Bread (2 Loaves)
1 hr 10 mins
This bread is amazing! So crunchy on the outside and nice and warm and soft on the inside. Divine! It comes from "Old Favorite Honey Recipes" by the American Honey Institute in 1941
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk and cool to lukewarm.
- 2Add salt and shortening.
- 3Mix honey and yeast in mixing bowl; let stand until yeast is dissolved.
- 4Add milk and one half the flour.
- 5Beat thoroughly.
- 6Gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- 7Turn out on floured board and knead until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- 8This requires about 10 minutes.
- 9Place in slightly greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk.
- 10Punch down lightly and let rise again.
- 11Form into loaves.
- 12Place in greased pans.
- 13Allow to rise until double in bulk.
- 14If baked in individual loaves (one pound), bake 40 minutes at 375°.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wheat Bread (2 Loaves)
Serving Size: 1 (1341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1707.0
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 3618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 316.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 47.5 g