Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was the second part of a complete recipe, but I liked the salad part by itself. The original recipe come from myrecipes.com
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat berries
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water to boil; add wheat berries. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 1 hour or until tender and most of liquid is absorbed. Drain; set aside.
- Cook carrots and celery in oil in large skillet over moderate heat for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add wheat berries and cranberries. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.